Well, this definitely ended up looking so different from what I thought it would!
Here is how it started…
I just couldn’t get it to come together with all the colors I wanted in there and ended up painting the entire board in blues. Then I decided it was too much blue so I added some oranges and reds to a larger area of the wooden canvas. I do like the way it came out but I really like painting and collaging on paper and then mounting it to the wood, versus painting and collaging directly on the wood.
At some point, I added molding paste and did a little stamping into it. I randomly added numbers with a stencil and black paint and some squiggly lines using india ink from the dropper. I also decided it needed some white so I used a vintage plastic doily as a stencil and pounced the white paint through the doily.