I did a post back in March on a painting that did not come out how I had hoped it would. I finally got around to reworking it and I think I found the balance I was looking for.
I collaged on papers to cover the circles and squares that I did not like in the original painting. I then painted on more layers of white fluid acrylic mixed with Golden soft gel matte medium. Next I added a few more layers of just the soft gel medium over the entire piece. The soft gel gave it a nice dreamy look almost as if it had been beeswaxed. It also gave it some nice texture.
Here is the link to the original blog post – “Finding Balance – Not”.